How To Turn off auto update android apps and stop android system updates
Play store has auto updates on by default. It also offers granular control over each app. You can turn on auto updates over mobile data, as well as the number of apps installed on our phones and tablets continue to grow. Most times, app developers push out updates for ‘bug fixes’, and that doesn’t really need your attention.
You’ve got better things to do with your life, like spending all the time watching cat videos on YouTube, or binge-watching the next season of your favourite show on Netflix. And there’s this thing called work, too. That’s why on Android, the default instruction for Google Play is to auto-update apps over Wi-Fi networks.
Turn off auto update android apps
If you prefer the ways of auto-update, but would like to prevent certain app from doing so, here we are describing about How to turn off auto update android apps.
- Open Google Play Store.
- Touch the hamburger icon in the top-left, and choose My apps & games. Swipe up to locate the app of your choice.
- Alternatively, just hit the search icon, and type in the name of the app.
- Once you’re on the app page, hit the three-dot icon in the top-right.
- Uncheck Auto-update.
Stop android system updates
Follow the below instructions to Stop Android Android System Update.
- Just Go to the System Update App
- Go to The Auto-Download System update Option
- Select do not auto-download system update
How do I stop automatic updates on Lollipop?
The options of Disable automatic update in Android 5.0 Lollipop are slightly different from older version. So, here we are sharing how do I stop automatic Android update on Lollipop we can say in other word How to Disable Automatic App Updates in Android 5.0 Lollipop.
- Open the Google Play Store in Android version 5.0 Lollipop
- Touch the main menu icon which is situated on Upper left corner of the device screen.
- Scroll down and touch on Automatic update mode, the ‘Auto-Update Apps’ setting in ‘General setting’. Then look at the ‘auto-update apps at any time. Data changes may apply’.
To Change in Turn off Automatic App Updates in Android
- Touch on ‘Auto-Update Apps’
- The ‘Auto-Update Apps’ dialog box will display.
- Touch the “DO not Auto-Update Apps” button
How to enable automatic updates on Android
- Open Google Play Store.
- Touch the hamburger icon in the top-left, swipe up and choose Settings.
- Under General, tap Auto-update apps.
- If you want updates over Wi-Fi only, choose the third option: Auto-update apps over Wi-Fi only.
- If you want updates as and when they become available, choose the second option: Auto-update apps at any time.
Read More: Your Android phone will notify you the next time a new device accesses your Google account