Outlook Password Reset or Change
Outlook password reset is use for reset the password or change the password. Everyone in a while you need to change or reset one of your passwords in Outlook. If you outlook password change on the email host, you must also reset the password in the Outlook client to match. If your passwords don’t match, the client will return an error every time you attempt to send and receive mail in Outlook. You can reset your password directly from Outlook’s account information settings.
Let’s say you have added a Gmail account in Outlook before. Now you change this Gmail account’s login password online, and you have to change this Gmail account’s password in Outlook accordingly for continually receiving and sending emails via it. On the other hand, you can also change the password about accessing Outlook data file of an email account in Outlook.
Outlook Password Reset or Change for your Internet Email Account
- Click the “File” tab and locate the Account Information section.
- Click “Account Settings” and select “Account Settings” from the drop-down menu.
- Choose your email account and click “Change”. A new screen will display your current Outlook account settings information.
- Type your new password in the Password text box. This must match the password used by your POP3 or IMAP email account.
- Place a check in the box next to “Remember password”.
- Click “Next” and then click “Finish” to complete the process.
Outlook Password Reset or Change on your Outlook Data File
- Open Outlook and right click on your mail account, select Data File Properties.
- Click Advanced > Change Password. Enter your old password then your new one and confirm it.
- Click OK. Exit out of all windows.
Change your password if you have an Exchange account.
Contact your Exchange Administrator and ask for assistance in changing your password.