How To Take a Screenshot on the Samsung Galaxy S8
You’ve got two simple ways to grab a screenshot on the Samsung Galaxy S8 or Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus. Your Samsung Galaxy S8 can do a lot of things no other Samsung phone has been able to do, but it’s also missing the big friendly button that has always been on the front of the phone. Knowing how to take a screenshot on the Galaxy S8 will making life just a little bit easier for you later on. Let’s take a quick look at the different ways you can take a screenshot on the Samsung Galaxy S8, now that there’s no big friendly button on the front.
Method 1: How to take a screenshot on Samsung Galaxy S8 using the button shortcut
- Get the app or screen that you want to capture ready to go.
- Press and hold the volume down button and the power button at the same time. You’ll hear the camera shutter sound, along with a short flashing animation, and that’s how you know you’re good to go.
- You’ll now be able to see the screenshot in the Gallery app, or in Samsung’s built-in My Files file browser, or in Google Photos, if you use that instead.
- If you need to find the screenshots from a command line or through the Android File Transfer tool, they’ll be in /pictures/screenshots.
Method 2: How to take a screenshot by swiping the screen
Samsung’s got another cool feature in its Samsung Galaxy S8 for taking screenshots. And some of us think it’s actually the easier way to take a screenshot when compared to the button method.
- Tilt your hand to the side a little, so your thumb is pointing away from the screen.
- Swipe your entire hand across the screen from left to right.
Just like in the other method you’ll hear the shutter sound and see a short on-screen animation.
This method is enabling by default, but you can turn it off in the setting if you prefer, or if you find you’re accidently taking screenshots.
- Go into the settings menu.
- Scroll down to Motion and choose Motions and gestures.
- Tap Palm swipe to capture.
- Hit the toggle button from on to off.
How to take a scrolling screenshot on the Galaxy S8
- Take a screenshot on Samsung Galaxy S8, as before.
- Tap the Capture more option to scroll down and grab more of the screen.
- Keep on tapping until you’ve captured what you need or reach the bottom of the page.
Now that you have a screenshot
Now that you have your screenshot on your Samsung Galaxy S8, you can keep it for later or share it immediately.
If you want to share the screenshot immediately, tap the Share button that shows up after you capture the screenshot and choose from the list of apps that shows up how you want to deliver your photo. If you want to share it later, the Attach function in any app will be able to find your screenshot so you can add it to a social post or an email.