How to install Android Nougat based Lineage OS custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy S5
Here we are describing on how to install Android Nougat based lineage OS custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy S5. Lineage OS is the latest trend in Custom ROM world. Android Nougat based Lineage OS is rolling out for major OEMS including Samsung Galaxy S5. In additions to android nougat features, Lineage OS comes with exclusive wallpapers, themes, personalization options and many more value features to enhance user experience. However, Samsung Galaxy S5 owners can still be able to experience the latest Android software through third party custom ROMs. Lineage OS has been developed by former community members of cyanogenMod and has witnessed more than 500,000 ROM downloads within two months of its launch.
Things to Remember before Installing Custom Rom:
- However installing custom ROM improves the device’s performance and UI experiences, it makes the company warranty void and they will no longer be liable to supply updates in futures.
- Make sure the device is rooted before going forwards for custom ROM installation.
- This new Android Nougat Lineage OS 14.1 custom ROM nightly has to be installed on the Samsung Galaxy S5 models –
- klte/klteduos/kltedv/kltespr/klteusc/kltevzw/klteduos/kltechn/kltechnduo/kltekdi only; if tried on other devices, it might brick them [To check your device model: Go to Settings >> About phone >> model number]
- Installation of custom ROM requires clearing of memory in the smartphone, so make sure to back all the data by installing Clockwork Mod (CWM) Recovery/ TWRP in the smartphone.
- Users make sure they have installed USB drivers on the PC, or else your smartphone smartphone will not be recognized by the computer.
- Make sure your device has more than 80 percent battery, or else there is chance of smartphone getting temporarily bricked if the installation process is interrupted mid-way.
- This procedure is very technical and should be performed by a person with sound knowledge of rooting Android devices.
- If the step by step installation process is not followed properly, there are chances of the Smartphone getting bricked or being permanently irreparable.
Step for How to install Android Nougat based Lineage OS custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy S5:
Download Lineage OS 14.1 Android Nougat custom ROM and Google Apps on to your PC.
Connect Samsung Galaxy S5 to the computer.
Place the Lineage OS 14.1 Android Nougat custom ROM into the phone’s storage memory.
Turn off device and disconnect it from PC.
Perform Recovery mode Sorties by long Volume + powder button.
Once entering the TWRP setting menu, clear phone’s memory by selecting ‘wipe’ option.
Once done, select – ‘swipe to Factory Reset’ perform factory reset.
Return to TWRP settings and tap ‘install’ by the selecting.
Zip file in the phone’s memory downloaded from PC.
Come back to TWRP menu setting to approve the installation by tapping ‘swipe to confirm flash’.
Flashing of the custom ROM begins and after few minutes, a message ‘successful’ appears on the screen, thus completing installation.
If faced with root loop problem, navigate back to TWRP settings, and select ‘wipe cache/dalvik’.
This procedure will help resolve any issue with regard to custom Rom installation.