How to Make Run PC Faster With Less RAM
Of all the hardware components that make up a PC, one of the most important is RAM. Run pc faster with less ram is possible. Here we are describing about the run pc faster with less ram. RAM is short for a Random Access Memory, Ram is essentially a type of computer storage which has data read and write speeds which has data read and write speeds that are orders of magnitude faster than that of other storage media such as SSDs and HDDs.
Run pc faster with less RAM
Even before we look at the software on your machine, I do want to throw out adding RAM as one probable solution.
RAM is cheap, and if your machine has the ability to take more, then it can often be the fastest way to speed up a computer – even one that is poorly configured.
Windows loves RAM, it just does. Practically speaking, it’s very difficult to have too much.
If your machine simply meets the minimum requirements for the version of Windows you’re running, then I would say you don’t have enough. The published minimums are just that: the bare minimum for a functioning system.
If you want a system that works well, you want more RAM. My rule of thumb is to start with at least twice as much as the minimum requirements state, and ideally as much as your machine can handle.
As I said, RAM is easy. But while it may well speed up your computer, it may not be addressing the underlying cause.
Therefore, RAM is critical to the ‘speed’ of a device. And this is why modern PCs and Smartphone’s come with oodles of RAM.
Turns out, it’s possible. All you need is RAM Drive creator software. In simple words, this software takes a certain chunk of your computer’s RAM and mounts it as a virtual hard drive. This means that you can have a program running from the hard drive run as fast as if it were running from RAM.
How to make PC programs run faster with Miray RAM Drive?
Download the free version of Miray RAM Drive from its homepage and install it. The software will also install a virtual RAM disk driver.
Once installed, Miray RAM Drive runs in the system tray. Click its icon, and you’ll see a slider that goes from minimum (20MB) to maximum (4125MB).
You can use this slider to adjust the amount of RAM that the software will use as a virtual hard drive.
After setting the limit, all you have to do is click the Green-coloured Power icon at the bottom and Miray RAM Drive will take it from there. The software will create a virtual RAM Drive, which will show up with your computer’s other hard drive partitions.
How to make your laptop faster for gaming
- Remove all of the crap software that came with your laptop. Anything that was a free trial, any toolbars, any gateway – specific utilities, etc. Should all be uninstalled and/or removed. Doing a clean OS re-install would be nice if possible, but I am assuming it is not an option.
- Make sure your good software is all up to date. Make sure you have the latest drivers for your hardware from the component manufacturer instead of what is listed on gateway’s website. Make sure Windows is up to date, and that you are running a quality lightweight antivirus like Malwarebytes or MSE/Defender.
- Clean up your registry. I like using the registry cleaner in CCleaner and have found that it can bring some nice little performance boosts to computers that have had a lot of software installed and removed over time.
- Turn off programs that you don’t need to load upon startup. Right click on the task bar, Start Task Manager, go to the startup tab, and uncheck anything that is not OS, antivirus, or hardware related.
Computer running slow windows 10
- Many windows users are facing Windows 10 slow performance issue in Windows 10. This appears in the form of input lags and could be fixed by tweaking some page File settings in Windows 10.
- Computer running slow windows 10 it is the major problem. Here is the answer for that.
- After the official launch of Windows 10, millions of PC users upgraded their PCs to Windows 10 by availing the free upgrade offer from Microsoft. If you haven’t got the upgrade, here’s a simple way to get Windows 10 upgrade right now.
- However, several desktop users have reported Windows 10 slow performance issue on Microsoft forums and Reddit after improvement their systems.
- There are some distinct issues with the Windows 10 OS as the number of people facing slow performance issue in Windows 10 is very large.
- This sluggish performance usually appears in the form of input lags. For example: After clicking the Start Menu, it takes about 2-3 seconds to appear or taking the same time to refresh your desktop, Complaining this Windows 10 slow performance issue, many users have downgraded to the previous versions of Windows OS.
- According to a user at the Microsoft Community forums, Windows 10 slow performance issue could be fixed by tweaking the Page File settings in Windows 10 that affects and improves the overall system performance.
- If you’re facing the slow performance issue in Windows 10, you can try to speed up the OS by changing the default settings for Page File control.
How to fix Windows 10 Slow performance: (Computer running slow windows 10)
- Open Start Menu and find the Control Panel. Click on it.
- Here in the Control Panel, go to the Search field at the top-right of the window and type Performance. Now hit Enter.
- Now find Adjust the appearance and performance of Windows.
- Go to the advanced tab and click on Change in the Virtual Memory section.
- Now untick the option “Automatically manage paging file size for all drives.”
- Select the default C: drive where Windows 10 is installed and then choose Custom Size. Then change Initial Size and Maximum Size to the recommended values by Windows.
- Now click Set and then hit OK to save the settings.
- Reboot the computer for the changes to take effect and fix the slow performance issue in Windows 10.
Read More: Android Device Le Eco Le 2S with 8GB of RAM Coming Soon