Instagram doesn’t allow you post photos or videos through Web view.Using Web view you can only view photos, video, and edit profile Instagram Online. Instagram is one of those mobile-first platforms that just don’t like to care about the desktop. Recently, Instagram started letting people sign up for the service using the Web view (Instagram online). Up till now, People without Smartphones had no way to sign up for Instagram.
Now, you absolutely can sign up on the Web, but it’s still not possible to post to Instagram from PC. Yet the official Instagram app for windows doesn’t allow you post photos from all devices. Still, it didn’t work for us on a Windows 10 laptop, although if you have a Windows 10 exchangeable with a camera, your experience may be different.
Avoid third-party apps for post to Instagram from your computer:
If you want to avoid using third-party apps, in that case you could try an Android emulator like Bluestacks. You can install Instagram for Android using Bluestacks emulator and start uploading photos and videos just because you would on a smartphone. But some very complicated way of doing so is relatively easy.
Using third-party apps post photos or videos to Instagram from your computer:
Fortunately, there are third-party apps that will help you use Instagram on the desktop. That’s mean using a third-party app access to your Instagram account and some data and if that makes you uncomfortable, you maybe will just have to wait until Instagram releases an official tool for this.
What you need to do for Photos and Videos post to Instagram from your Computer?
Here, we show you how you can post to Instagram via your PC or Mac. The procedure is fairly easy and worked constantly for us on both platforms.
- Download and install Gramblr on your PC and Mac.
- Open the app and create a Gramblr account. You will need to provide your Instagram username and password during sign up.
- The app will open a new tab or window in your browser and quick you to select an image.
- Now, either click the big box and select a file to upload or drag and drop an image or video.
- Click and drag on the image to crop it.
- Hit the green | Save |
- You can now apply filters or other effects and once done, hit the green | Continue|
- Now write a caption and add your (#) hashtags.
- Below the image, you can type Instagram usernames to tag people as well.
- Click Send.
- Now the picture or video will be posted to your account. For videos you can even select a cover image while uploading.
Gramblr even allows you schedule posts, but be alert that your computer must be on at the time of upload.
How to use Instagram on the desktop via Instagram from Computer extension:
Obviously, you will need Google Chrome browser if you don’t already have it. Follow these steps to use Instagram on the desktop via Instagram from Computer extension:
- Install Instagram from | Computer extension |
- Click the computer icon on the top right, next to the three vertical dots icon.
- This opens a new webpage in a new tab.
- Enter your Instagram username and password here, with a caption for the picture.
- Click | Choose file | and upload the picture.
- Now click the green | Send | button to upload the picture.
- Once the progress bar on the right hits 100 percent, your picture will appear on your Instagram feed.
Using these two tools you can post photos or videos to Instagram from your PC, If you have a Mac, You might use paid tools like Uplet (Rs.620).