How to rearrange the Samsung Gear S3’s app drawer and widgets
With so many apps, services and utilities existing on Samsung’s gear s3 smartwatches, it’s easy to get approved away situation things up and all of a sudden be in a worrying situation.
Dozens of apps across various pages of the app drawer sit under a dozen pages of widgets to the right of your watch face, but thankfully you can clean up this condition to make it easier to get just what you want.
While you can’t overall hide or delete most of the pre installed apps on the Gear s3, you can reorganise them in a way that puts what you want front and centre, leaving the rest to the background so it isn’t in the way. Here’s how to get it done.
Widgets on the Gear s3 are the glance-able bits of information that are existing to the right of your watch face.
You can think of them as full screen app experiences that are always accessible to you, without having to explicitly launch an app.
By default Samsung loads up the Gear s3 with a gathering of widgets, and you can even install more on your own. Either way, you can have as many or as few as you see fit.
How to configure widget on your Gear s3
- Rotate the bezel clockwise to view a widget on screen.
- Press and hold anywhere on the screen to activate “Edit mode”.
- Rotate the bezel to select widgets to interact with.
- Press the button to remove a widget.
- Press and hold a widget, dragging it left or right to rearrange its position in the list.
- To add more widgets, rotate the bezel clockwise to the very end of the list and tap Add widget.
- Select the widget you want, then press and hold the widget to rearrange its position in the list.
Rearranging the app drawer
For all of the apps on your Gear s3 that aren’t valuable of their own committed widget, you can open up the app drawer by pressing the home button while on the watch face.
Just like your phone, the app drawer holds every app that’s installed on the watch and by default is placed in a haphazard order.
Samsung defines the app drawer on its own terms, and any additional apps that you download are put at the very end of the list, which could mean scrolling through three or four pages before you get to it.
But it doesn’t have to be that way for long- here how you can rearrange your apps
- Go to your watch face and press the home button to enter the app drawer.
- Press and hold on the centre of the screen to enter “Edit Mode”.
- Rotate the bezel to the page you want to rearrange.
- Press and hold the app you want to move, drag it to its new position, and fit your finger to place it.
- To move an app between pages, drag the app to the multi coloured circular page indicator at the 1 or 11 o’clock position.
- If an app can be uninstalled, it will have a red on the corner of the icon, tap it to delete and confirm with the check mark.