Here we are describing about the How to connect Xbox one controller to pc. Many PC games let you play with an Xbox Wireless Controller in its place of a keyboard or mouse. You can connect your controller to a Windows PC by using a USB cable, the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows, or over Bluetooth. Some PCs also come with Xbox Wireless built in, so you can connect a controller directly without an adapter.
How to connect Xbox One Controller To PC (Windows 10)
Option 1: USB
Plug a USB charging cable into the front of the controller and plug the other end into your PC.
With USB connections, you can connect 8 Xbox Wireless Controllers at the same time, or 4 controllers that have Xbox Chat Headsets attached. If the controllers have Xbox Stereo Headsets, only 2 can be connected at the same time.
Option 2: Xbox Wireless (Built-in or with Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows)
Step 1: On your PC, go to Settings > Devices.
Step 2: Choose Add Bluetooth or other device.
Step 3: Select Everything else.
Step 4: Select Xbox Wireless Controller.
Step 5: Click Done
With Xbox Wireless connections, you can connect 8 Xbox Wireless Controllers at the same time, or 4 controllers that have Xbox Chat Headsets attached. If the controllers have Xbox Stereo Headsets, only 2 can be connected at the same time.
Option 3: Bluetooth (How To Connect Xbox one Controller To PC via PC)
Xbox One Wireless Controllers may support connecting to your PC via Bluetooth. Your controller has this feature if it looks like the one on bottom in this illustration:
On Bluetooth-supported controllers, the plastic around the Xbox button is part of the face of the controller. On controllers without Bluetooth, the plastic around the Xbox button is part of the top, where the bumpers are.
Unlike the Xbox 360 wireless controller, which required a separate dongle for PC use, all you need to use the connecting xbox one controller to pc is a standard Micro-USB cable. The wired connection provides the power, so you don’t even need batteries. Unfortunately, you can’t use the Xbox One controller wirelessly on a PC at this time.
Follow these steps to pair your controller to your PC using Bluetooth
- Make sure you have updated your PC to the Windows 10 Anniversary Update. See Windows Update: FAQ to learn how to get the latest Windows update.
- For best performance, update your controller. See How to update your Xbox One Controller on Windows 10.
- Turn on your Xbox Wireless Controller by pressing the Xbox button.
- Press the controller bind button for three seconds and release.
- On your PC, select Start, then Settings > Devices > Bluetooth & other devices.
- Turn on Bluetooth so your PC can discover Bluetooth devices.
- Select Xbox Wireless Controller > Pair.