Bidding on eBay can be an exciting and fascinating process, but sometimes the excitement results in us placing bids we quickly end up regretting. eBay can be an addictive habit. It feels great at time, but after a few hours, when the reality sets in, you realize a signed baseball cap doesn’t really worth $180 of your hard-earned cash. But you don’t need to worry, in some situation; you can remove or cancel your bid.
Here’s how to cancel a bid on eBay, including how to retract bids when there are more than 12 hours before an auction ends, and when there are less than 12 hours. It also covers how to cancel an order when using the eBay mobile app.
How to Cancel a Bid on eBay: More Than 12 Hours before Auction End
Given there are over 12 hours before the related auction closes, you can cancel, or retract, any bid you place on eBay. All things considered, it’s stipulated by eBay you can only retract a bid if:
•You’ve incidentally bid the wrong amount (for example $900 rather than $9).
•The dealer has “fundamentally” changed the description of the thing.
•The seller isn’t responding to your messages.
In practice, it’s conceivable to retract bids regardless of whether none of these conditions apply.
Caution: Even however merchants can’t give you a negative rating for this, despite everything it risks the thing’s dealer revealing an invalid bid retraction to eBay; if enough reports about you invalidly retracting bids are made, and eBay may eventually suspend your record.
In view of this notice, you can total the retraction by exploring to eBay’s Retract Bid site page. To do this, you can either choose this hyperlink to specifically get to the old retraction structure, or you can explore to eBay’s Help pages and go to the section on retracting bids, where you can locate an option, more current connection for retracting bids.
In situations where you utilize the old retraction structure, this is what you do:
- Select this hyperlink to open the old retraction structure.
- Enter the thing number of the thing on which you’ve erroneously bid.
- Pick your reasons for canceling from your explanation of the retraction drop-down menu.
- Select Retract bid.
Furthermore, here’s how you retract a bid by means of eBay’s Help pages:
- Select Help and Contact from the left-hand side of the menu bar at the top of the screen.
- Type retracting a bid into the search bar.
- Select Retracting a bid when it shows up.
- Select the item for which you’d like to retract a bid. It will be under the Retract your bid subheading.
- Select Continue.
- Pick a suitable reason for canceling your bid.
- Select Continue.
- Select Retract bid.
How to Cancel a Bid on eBay: Less Than 12 Hours before Auction End
It’s likewise conceivable to retract an eBay bid when an auction is booked to complete in less than 12 hours. However, a couple of contrasts apply in such cases.
For one, you can retract bids only inside an hour of having made them. As such, if there are under 12 hours before an auction closes, any bid you place amid this period must be retracted inside an hour of making it. Expecting this condition holds, you would then be able to approach retracting precisely as depicted in the section above.
Nonetheless, there is, in fact, one way in which you can endeavor to have a bid canceled notwithstanding when an hour or more has slipped by. To do this, you need to contact the merchant and request them to cancel the bid:
- Go to the thing’s posting and select Contact Seller.
- Select other from the Select a topic menu.
- Select Contact the dealer.
- Enter a topic heading; at that point type a message asking for bid cancellation and your reasons for needing to cancel the bid.
- Select send a copy to my email address if so wanted.
- Type the verification code shown in the picture, at that point select Send.
Tip: You can likewise contact the dealer in situations where the auction has over 12 hours left to run yet your reason for needing to retract your bid isn’t perceived as legitimate by eBay.
How to remove a Bid on eBay’s Mobile App:
Retracting a bid on the eBay portable application is practically indistinguishable to retracting a bid on the eBay site. You can go to the retraction form, or you can pursue the procedure beneath.
- Under Your Recently Viewed Items, tap the thing you’d like to cancel a bid for.
- Tap the More buttons in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Tap Help and Contact.
- Look down and tap the thing you’d like to cancel a bid for.
- Tap retracting a bid.
- Look down and tap Continue.
- Look down and tap your reason for retracting.
- Tap Continue.
- Tap Retract bid.