Forum topic

Please help with ha...

Please help with hard ware double-input bug...  

RSS

FalgFarina
(@FalgFarina)
08/02/2020 7:00 am  

This has really started driving me insane. I don't know what to do any more. At first it seemed to be my mouse doing it mostly but now I'm double typing letters despite not having done so intentionally, and even having moments where input seems to be ignored, like going back and forth between these two oddities. 

I've tried getting a new mouse back when that seemed to be the issue in my mind, but that didn't help (the new mouse is nice though.) I also got a new mechanical keyboard recently because I wanted to have a nice gaming keyboard. If anything that made me feel like this double keypress input suddenly became prominent and easily noticeable. I don't know what it could be, a virus, some oddity with Windows 10, or something else, but I'm genuinely being driven crazy here. Even though the computer is a couple years old I'm beginning to think I might need to buy a new one just in case, though that'll be expensive as hell. Please guys, what is going on? Is it Windows 10? A virus? A hardware issue? Does anyone else here know what I could be dealing with? I have NEVER had this happen to me before in my 20+ years of using computers. I'm begging you guys, help me figure this out...

Rayan smith
(@rayansmith)
14/02/2020 6:16 am  

Boot from a Linux disc or stick (free to make) and try there. It comes with LibreOffice and it's word processor is a perfect test for the keyboard. If it's fine in Linux, it's not hardware.

ReplyQuote
Share: