Windows 10 May 2019 Update Version 1903 Is NOW Available
"Microsoft is releasing its Windows 10 May 2019 Update to everyone today."
A quick check of the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool shows the downloadable "MediaCreationTool1903.exe" to be available for all those that want to download, create the ISO, and install the latest update/upgrade now. Also, if you open Settings-Update and Security, then click on the "Check for Updates" button, it will download and install the newest Version 1903.
Still, most recommend waiting for a while to install the latest update/upgrade. As with previous releases, Microsoft will be rolling it out slowly so there's no need to rush. There's not much information as to problems right now and to put it simply, why tempt fate. Historically, there have been numerous issues with such large Windows 10 updates from Microsoft, so unless you have some non-mission-critical test computers, wait for a while till you jump in.
Hope this information helps.
See the link for the current known issues with the recently released Windows 10 version 1903 in the link below. Although most are fairly minor and a few have already been "mitigated", other problems are new/more serious to them and are listed as "investigating". The "redirected" files and folders issue from the last update seems to still be a problem as is the connected USB device issue. All of the serious issues have an update block on computers which have the problem hardware.:
You'll note that there is a recommendation for these issues which states:
Note: We recommend that you do not attempt to manually update using the Update now button or the Media Creation Tool until this issue has been resolved.
Hope this helps.
some days ago I installed the latest update for Windows 10 V1903 and noticed this. The new version includes a light theme, performance improvements and many small features and improvements. This time, a large function such as a panel of People or a timeline that is not represented.
All new features and improvements
- Major Windows Update Changes
- Performance improvements (thanks to Specter patches)
- 7 GB of reserved storage for updates
- Light theme
- Windows Sandbox - Windows 10 built-in sandbox
- Less cluttered Start menu
- Windows will allow to remove more embedded applications.
- Separation of Cortana and the search string
- Search in the Start menu takes into account the files on the PC
- Passwordless access
- New Windows Update Tray Icon
- Desktop applications in virtual reality
- New version naming system
- Zoom in the console interface
- Automatic troubleshooting
- Hiding notifications when launching fullscreen applications
- Easy access to Linux files
- Notebook Improvements
- “Screen of Death” for some games
- Other improvements and new features