This feature shows how to fix an iPhone and iPad problem where iOS gets stuck during the iCloud sign-in process. Getting stuck on the iCloud sign-in during the sign-in process is extremely annoying because it limits much of the functionality of the iPhone. In this feature, we’re going to look at some of the steps you can take to unstuck an iPhone.
Some MacWorld readers have been reporting that the iPhone gets stuck during the iCloud sign-in procedure. So if your iPhone freezes during the iCloud sign-on process, follow these steps to unstuck your device.
Fix an iPhone Stuck in iCloud Sign in: check that iCloud is working
Apple recommends the first step to take:
- Make sure iCloud is working. Open the iCloud Sign-in Support website and click on your country. Now click on System Status and make sure everything is ticked green (especially iCloud Account and Sign In).
- Check that you are running the latest software. On the iPhone tap on Settings > General > Software Update.
- Check that your Apple ID works by logging in to icloud.com with your Apple ID. Apple offers help for Apple ID problems here.
iPhone stuck in the iCloud sign-in process
Once you have confirmed that iCloud is working at Apple’s end and that your Apple ID works on other devices, try to reset your iPhone:
- Hold down the Power button.
- Slide the Slide to Power Off switch
- Tap the Power button to wake up.
- Now try to re-enter your Apple ID to the iCloud sign in area.
iPhone stuck in iCloud Sign In Authentication Error
If you get a message saying “authentication failed” when signing in, follow these steps:
- Go to appleid.apple.com
- Click Manage Your Apple ID
- Try to sign in using your Apple ID and Password.
- Now follow the steps to reset your Apple ID password.
Fix an iPhone stuck in iCloud sign in Contact iCloud support
Sometimes there are problems with iCloud accounts that were created in mysterious circumstances. If you cannot use your Apple ID for any Apple services Apple suggests you contact iCloud Support.