Yahoo Launch a new Q&A Android App and iOS : Yahoo Answers NOW
Yahoo Answers was one of the most popular online services on the Internet with hundreds of millions of users. Now Yahoo Answers has officially launched on mobile. Yahoo Answers Now App had been rebranded of Yahoo’s experimental app code-named Yahoo Hive – a move that indicated Yahoo’s plans to bring its desktop Q&A site to the App store.
Though, at the time, the app still an invite to test this essential – that restriction was raised Thursday, and the app is now open to all.
Before, the app had been seeing when it was invite-only but is now available for download for both iOS and as well as Android users. The native mobile app for the widely popular Q&A platform provides users with a more practical solution for asking and answering any number of questions on the go.
In the official blog post, Director of engineering at Yahoo, Tim Su said that, “Today, we’re excited to announce Yahoo Answers Now, which re-imagines the Q&A experience for mobile users. Available on iOS and Android phones in the U.S., the app helps users pose questions and receive quality answers quickly from members who have relevant experiences and expertise”.
Key features of Yahoo Answers NOW:
- Matching: When you ask a question, we route it to qualified responders who have the experiences and expertise to provide a high quality answer.
- Following: Gone are the days of having to manually remember user profiles. Follow users you respect to easily stay connected.
- Give thanks: Use the “thank you” and emoji buttons to express appreciation.
- Rich media: Craft awesome answers with a wider assortment of media, including images and links.
- Blazing fast: Get notified immediately when someone answers your question or thanks you for a great answer.
With this App, We are re-imagining the Q&A experience for mobile users by focusing on Q&A sooner than topic and discussion, As well, content is surfaced by relevance tailored to every user. At last, we use Push notifications to facilitate smart matching of requester and responders for faster answers.