One of the biggest stories in tech this year was certainly the Samsung Galaxy Note7 failure. We all know what happened, Samsung released a potentially dangerous phablet into the world and some units ended up communicable fire and exploding.
What followed next was an unmatched move from Samsung which issued a global recall of the device. Finally, the company had no choice but to kill off the device altogether.
However, the Galaxy Note7 is not the first or the last phone to catch fire. In current days a user reported on Reddit that their Galaxy s6 edge + caught on fire.
At first glance it might seem only Samsung phones seem to be afflicted by this fiery bug. But that’s positively not the case.
For example, according to information coming out of china, a Xiaomi Redmi phone supposedly caught on fire without warning.
The receiver was purchase as a fit on March 1, but on December 21 the device strangely started overheating while charging and burned up although the charger was directly removed. The phone is said to have been charged via the original phone charger.
The original Chinese report claims the phone in question is the Redmi Note 3. The owner of the Redmi phone contacted Xiaomi and managed to get a full refund plus additional $84 damages.
But here’s where it gets motivating. According to the report, xiaomi had the owner sign a confidentially agreement to access said compensation.
It’s quite guarded that Xiaomi would try and over up such an significant matter. However we should take this report with a grain of salt, although the Chinese publication shares an image of a burned Xiaomi phones phones with us.
While the burned Redmi report may or may not be true, there are a few steps you can take to guarantee your phone doesn’t burn like using the right charger, unplugging the device once its charged, charging the phone in a safe place or removing the case when you charge.