Samsung Galaxy S6 update 7.0: Already Samsung has released the Nougat update for the Samsung Galaxy S7 and Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, Now Samsung has decided to get latest version of Android are expected to be the Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge.
A Samsung Galaxy S6 device with model number SM-G920V running the newest Android Version has been covered online.
Last year in November, Samsung finally confirmed that it was working on the Android 7.0 Nougat firmware build for the S6 series. The Samsung Company has provided an official rundown of devices which will receive the Android 7.0 Nougat update.
SamMobile has released the manual update for the Android Nougat 7.0 enabled Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge. Even if the two devices will get the Nougat basics, the combined UI with Samsung’s TouchWiz and other elements will have some features missing that are on the Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge.
According to manual Nougat update, some of the major features integrated on the Samsung Galaxy S6 / S6 edge are below:
- Basic Android Nougat features such as split screen mode, direct reply, data saver mode and more
- Also user will get the elegance UX that was introduced with the Galaxy Note 7 and as seen in the Galaxy S7 range
- A new Camera interface on Samsung Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge with certain gesture controls is expected. Though, some features like motion panorama, Wide self-portrait with motion, and other features are still remaining such as Video Enhancer and modes like performance mode, food, and hyperlapse. These are features are exclusively work on Galaxy S7 range.
- A new Pop-up view mode and a redesigned status bar with stackable notifications
- Yet, The Always On Display will not working on Galaxy S6 range.
According to the Wi-Fi Alliance certification, the Galaxy S6 seems to be the next smartphone to receive the Nougat. Though, it does not mention the Edge models. This certification is for a Verizon unit, but the Android 7.0 Nougat update is not limited to such model and even guarantees that the unlocked version will get the update soon as well.
Still, Samsung hasn’t declared when will the Android Nougat release for the Samsung Galaxy S6/ S6 Edge.