Do you know How to block a website on chrome? Blocking some sites is an essential stuff for many internet users. Because it may harm your computer from bad viruses and malfunctions. If you didn’t block websites which are insecure, your computer may face several problems. You may want to block a website on Chrome for different reasons. Many websites definitely distract from work. Many websites can entertain people from their work and many are not suitable for children.
Google Chrome blocks thousands of sites that are dangerous or contain viruses. However, it does not block websites by content or will not warn you if you spend too much time on social networks or entertainment sites.
How to block a website on chrome (Method 1)
- First you need to download and install an extension named Block Site.
- After installing the extension, open the website which you want block.
- Then “Right Click” your mouse and go to “Block Site” and select “Add Current Site to Blacklist”. Then that website will be blocked immediately. You can only access that website after disabling the extension.
- If you want to disable the extension, just click on “Options” instead of “Add current site to blacklist” and click on “Off”.
- Another useful feature of this extension is you can set your own password to protect the settings of this extension. Just go to “Options” and click on “Uninstall Protection” and set your own password.
- If you want to manually block a website or particular page, then copy the URL of that webpage and paste it here and click on “add page”.
- If you want to block particular words in the URL, then go to options and select “Block words” then click on ” Custom List” and add words which you want block in the URL.
- You can also set your own days and time for blocking websites.
- If you don’t want to uninstall this extension forever, then you have to become a premium member but that doesn’t work properly so i won’t recommend you to purchase the premium version.
How to block a website on chrome (Method 2)
- Launch Google Chrome For block a website on chrome.
- Click the Wrench symbol in the upper right corner.
- Select Settings.
- Click Show advanced settings at the bottom.
- Choose the Change Proxy Settings button.
- On the Security tab, click Restricted Sites and then click on Site.
- Enter an URL of the unwanted website, for example, www.youtube.com, and click the Add button. Learn how to block Youtube
- Close the window.